Sunday, August 26, 2007

Quotes


As a first post, I'll reprint some inspiring quotes I heard today dealing with raw foods:

"Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life and from death comes always death."

~ From the Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison."

~ Ann Wigmore, nutritionist and living food advocate

The picture above is of the raw tacos (or burritos) that I make that I love so much. The Romaine leaf is the tortilla. The "meat" is made from pecans blended with nama shoyu and cumin. Then I heap homemade fresh salsa and avocados or guacamole on top. Easy, fast and yum!

No comments: