Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

The eclipse this morning was amazing -- though it started earlier than I expected! I was awake and waiting for my alarm to go off at 5:15 am, luckily I got up to check the time and look out the window at 5 am: it had begun! We got to Schenely Park by 5:30 (couldn't find the dog leash so it took us a while to leave the house) and saw the end of the moon going under shadow; the last light being across the bottom. It stayed covered until it disappeared into the fog of the new day. We walked around the track once, to see the colors of the sky change for the sunrise (though we didn't see the actually sun come up until we were driving home.)
And now I'm celebrating the full moon with a raw day. So far I've had carrot/celery/apple juice, zucchini pasta with tomato sauce and pine nut cheesy topping, and coconut water.

No comments: